What do spring, summer, fall, winter, and tax have in common? They are all Seasons. Are you ready for Tax Season?
Below are a few Tax Season tips you can take advantage of if you are a current DFG client with an LPL account/s.
- New this year: If you use Turbo Tax or H&R Block, you can import the information shown on your original or corrected 1099 tax information statement directly into the software by using your whole 8-digit LPL account number and 11-digit Document ID listed on the tax statement. *Make sure to wait to download your tax statement until you receive ALL tax statements in the mail.
- Account View 2.0: If you have an Account View 2.0 sign-in, you can provide authorized user access in your Account View 2.0 profile, which is view-only access. For example, give access to your significant other, accountant, or tax professional. You control this setting within your user profile preferences.
- Paperless Tax Forms:
- You have faster access to crucial documents-including tax forms. *Please note: Your 1099 may be a preliminary draft; if this is the case, you will need to wait for the final draft before filing your taxes.
- eDelivery is more secure.
- Convenient access to essential documents from one location, anytime, anywhere.
- 1099s: Mailing of 1099s started on January 20th and will continue until all clients have received their copies; February 18th is the completion goal, BUT delays can still occur. February 18th is the target date for your 1099s to be available in Account View 2.0. *Please note: Your 1099 may be a preliminary draft; if this is the case, you will need to wait for the final draft before filing your taxes.
Tax Season can be stressful, and the DFG Team is here to assist in any way. You have our support, so please get in touch with us with any questions.
To better serve you, I have provided a link below called the 2022/2023 TAX SEASON GUIDE; click to learn more.
David S. Dixon, CFP® and the DFG Team.